Strategies in Digital Marketing that Brands Often Overlook


In the era when almost every brand has a strong online presence, standing out from a crowd can be extremely difficult.

We all have corporate blogs, run social media accounts, send weekly email newsletters, and maybe even offer downloadable resources. With our social media feeds updating every few seconds and new articles being published constantly, gaining at least some traction is a complete success for most companies.

Of course, traditional marketing techniques are crucial for building a long-term marketing strategy. But to boost your visibility, you need to diversify your marketing efforts. Rise above the noise. Do something your competitors haven’t done yet. And you’ll see your audience start noticing you.

Sometimes, the best way to improve your digital marketing strategy is by applying overlooked marketing techniques like the ones in this article.

Here’s why you should think outside of the box

Social media accounts of many popular brands are full of posts that hardly ever receive 10 likes, let alone small companies and startups.

By limiting ourselves to the most popular marketing methods, we’re just blending in the oversaturated market. While we all act identically, how are we going to outperform our competitors?

It always takes creativity to be noticed. And before you come up with an outstanding marketing campaign, you can leverage the following marketing techniques. They won’t guarantee your traffic will skyrocket, but they’ll surely help you improve brand awareness and reach more people (some of these methods perform especially well for the specific niches).


7 Marketing Techniques Your Competitors Haven’t Tried Yet


It’s important to know what your competition is doing and how they’re achieving their marketing goals. But it doesn’t mean you should be doing exactly the same things.


Why try to outrun your rivals when you can simply go the other way? Using different marketing approaches, you can become the first to identify the most effective methods and succeed there. Here’s what you might want to try.


1. Launch a native advertising campaign

Native advertising has been growing rapidly for the last few years.


By the end of 2020, US advertisers will devote almost two-thirds of display budgets to native ads. However, according to the recent research conducted by CMI and Outbrain, only 26% of marketers are utilizing native advertising to reach their target audiences. It means the rest 74% still miss the opportunity to improve their content performance.


If you haven’t heard much about native advertising, we’ll define it for you.

Native advertising is a paid marketing method that involves using ads that fit seamlessly into the design of the platform upon which they appear. Unlike typical banner ads, native ads are non-intrusive and don’t hurt user experience.


You can find native ads in your social feeds (yes, those ads from Booking.com you start seeing every time you come back from your vacation are native ads), below articles (remember the ‘you might also like’ content?), or among product cards on eCommerce sites.

This is an example of how native ads match the form of the publisher’s content.


It takes time to build an effective native ad campaign. But it’s worth the effort: